Philippine Airlines went private again when the government sold the majority of its stake in the airline in the early 1990s. However, before the decade was finished, the airline became the official flag carrier for the airline again and has remained the national carrier to this day.
As well as flying to the Philippines, the flagship airline flies to over 50 international destinations, in 24 countries and across Asia, North America, Oceania and Europe. The airline operates 6 long haul destinations.
Philippine Airlines is the only airline that flies non-stop from Manila to London and flies 5x weekly, making it the only airline flying to the Philippines from London directly.
Carry-on allowance applies to all passengers, including Economy, Premium and Business passengers. Every passenger is allowed one piece of carry-on baggage, which must be small enough to be placed in the overhead bin or under the passenger seat. The maximum total dimension of carry-on baggage is 56cm x 36cm x 23cm (22in x 14in x 9in), and a maximum weight of 7 kgs. (15 lbs).
In addition to the free carry-on allowance, each passenger is allowed to carry two personal items on-board the plane. Only two of the following personal items will be accepted:
- A small handbag
- An overcoat, jacket or blanket
- A small camera or pair of binoculars
- A laptop or tablet or digital device, with case
- Reading material
- A duty-free shopping bag
- An infant's food for consuming during the flight
- A pair of crutches, walking stick, or other prosthetic devices
Checked baggage allowance on international flights
- To thePacific and Asia passengers are allowed 25kg of checked baggage in all Economy classes, except for Premium Economy, which allows for 30kg of checked baggage. Passengers are allowed 35kg of checked baggage in all Business classes.
- ToEurope Passengers are allowed 30kg of checked baggage in all Economy classes, except for Premium Economy, which allows for 35kg of checked baggage. Passengers are allowed 40kg of checked baggage in all Business classes.
- To theMiddle East, Japan, USA and Guam Philippine airlines passengers are allowed two pieces of checked baggage at 23kg per piece in all Economy classes, except for Economy Plus, which allows two pieces of checked baggage at 25kg per piece. Passengers are allowed two pieces of checked baggage at 32kg per piece in all Business classes.
- ToKoreaPhilippine Airlines Reservationspassengers are allowed 20kg of checked baggage in all Economy classes, except for Economy Plus, which allows 25kg of checked baggage. Passengers are allowed 30kg of checked baggage in Business Promo and Business Classic and 35kg of checked baggage in Business Flex.